Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Flavour Of The Day With Noora

Going Back To Work

In addition to this blog, I also work as a writer for Family Flavours Magazine. However, it has been at least nine months since I have worked due to the demands of having a new baby.

I have been hoping for the possibility of going back to work for a month; so when I got the call yesterday for an opening, I got an adrenaline rush like no other. Within seconds, my brain scanned all the arrangements that needed to be made. Mona (7 months) settled at home and out of the terrible weather, Yousef (2 years-old) dropped off at my mom's and sister's (his favourite sitters) arrangements for the diesel supplier who was scheduled to come that afternoon, delegating the URGENT purchase of a new fridge to my husband, researching the topic of the workshop I was to attend, wearing the right clothes, driving around in the car to make sure Yousef was asleep by the time we reached my mom's so he doesn't get cranky, and finally getting there thirty minutes early.

During the struggle of getting Yousef into his clothes, packing his toys and colouring books, finding the right outfit, and explaining the plans to everyone involved, I could hear a voice say "please let this work, please let this work, I need this".

I hadn't realised how much I missed it; but when I was there, I felt like I belonged among people I had never met until that moment. I need to find a solution,  I want to go back to work. 

No comments: