Thursday, January 17, 2013

Flavour Of The Day With Noora

It is amazing how the human body can get used to doing exercise and how frustrated a person can get if  he doesn't have time to go as often.

I had 7 kilos of fat I needed to lose. So far, 5 kilos have been shed. For the remaining 2, my trainer told me we have to push up the bar on the degree of difficulty and increase the number of sessions. Unfortunately, this coincided with me going back to work as a writer for the magazine. Needless to say, my job is all about deadlines, lots of them. And since Yousef (2) is always stuck to me, the only time I have available for writing, exercising, or anything else I need to do, is those three hours he is away at preschool.

However, I have noticed that when I do not exercise, my body aches and my mood shifts from normal to annoyed. I've become hooked to being the good kind of active. I say this to differentiate between the good active of the gym vs. the bad active of running after 3 kids, running errands, picking up toys and dirty laundry off the floor, carrying two babies, bathing two babies and all the labour that comes with mama-hood. God bless the gym and the trainer that has become my lifeline!


No comments: